Group Leader Instructions
These are the names of the families you will be shopping for:
A. Please contact family (if we provided a phone #) and identity yourself:
“My name is _______________ and I am a member of the Gates Chili High School Service Club. Your name has been given to us and we would like to provide a meal for you and your family for Thanksgiving.”
“We would like to set up a time to deliver the meal to you” (give dates)
Only after school deliveries…no deliveries should be made at night!!!!!!!!!
(If there are any problems, see your team advisor ASAP so that the problem can be straightened out before the holiday.)
B. Contact your adult chaperone (driver), if you are using one, to make
arrangements. Any group delivering in the city needs an adult chaperone/driver.
C. Shop for the families on given dates
SANTA’S WORKSHOP IS , after 8th period in the large café- ALL GROUPS NEED TO ATTEND WITH THEIR UNWRAPPED GIFTS!
SAVE ALL RECEIPTS – PUT THEM IN YOUR ENVELOPE
YOU MUST HAVE ALL RECEIPTS AND CHANGE OR YOU WILL OWE SERVICE CLUB THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E. ON YOUR DELIVERY DAY:
1. If you are delivering on your own, without a teacher, you must call your team advisor when done verifying that the meal was delivered.
2. If you are going with an adult from school, you must bring everything in to school in bags labeled with your group number and family name. Be sure to put items needing to be refrigerated into separate labeled bags. Also be sure you have made pre-arrangements as to where the refrigerated items will go, as well as everything else. Make plans with your chaperone/driver.
3. Hand in your envelope WITH RECEIPTS to your team advisor
4. After school, get your bags and meet your chaperone/driver.
5. Make the deliveries
6. When done, have someone call your team advisor to check in that all went well.