Communication with Families
NEWS AND UPDATES
- The school and district utilize Smore to send monthly e-newsletters to families, which include important news, updates and opportunities.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for news, celebrations, and learning occurring at Walt Disney Elementary. @GCWaltDisney
AUTOMATED CALLS AND TEXT MESSAGES
- The district utilizes an automated phone system to send updates and notify parents/guardians when a student has been marked absent for the day without notice from home. These phone calls will show a 247-5050 phone number. If you miss a call, please listen to your messages or check the district website for information. It is also used to communicate urgent information, so please keep your contact information updated.
- Please make sure your contact information is updated.
Commonly-Used Classroom Communication Tools
Teachers may use some or all of the following to communicate with you throughout the school year.
- Each student brings home a take-home folder containing information about school-wide and classroom activities.
- Please help your student establish a daily routine for sharing their take-home folder with you.
- Students in grades 4-5 are provided agendas to help them develop independence in organizing assignments and managing their time. Teachers will also use agendas to correspond with parents/guardians.
- Please help your student establish a routine in which they check and share their agenda with you daily.
- When students are using technology at home and at school, Schoology is a one-stop shop to see all assignments and to communicate with the teacher. This is an online platform accessible from the district's single sign-on platform, ClassLink, which serves as the student opening screen.
- Teachers can be contacted by email. Email addresses can be located on our school website in the staff directory and on the Walt Disney website under the Instruction tab.