"The fluent reader sounds good, is easy to listen to, and reads with enough expression to help the listener understand and enjoy the material."
- Charles Clark, Building Fluency: Do it Right and Do it Well!! (1999)Fluency Strategies (The CAFE Book, Boushey & Moser)
Please contact me for more information and resources to best support your child's fluency!
- Voracious Reading
- Read appropriate-level texts that are a good fit
- Reread text
- Practice common sight words and high frequency words
- Adjust and apply different reading rates to match text
- Use punctuation to enhance phrasing and prosody (end marks, commas, etc.)