How to Become a Panther of the Month
Paul Road School
Panther of the Month
This program is designed to celebrate and showcase student success, citizenship and hard work. POM is aligned with our district and SIT goals to promote student achievement.
The Panther of the Month distinction is awarded to one student in each class. Students that have demonstrated one or more of the following qualities are nominated as a Panther of the Month candidate:
- A positive attitude toward school, learning, and classmates.
- Consideration for the feelings of others.
- Respect for classroom, hallway, cafeteria, playground, and/or bus rules.
- Honesty and trustworthiness.
- An affinity to go above and beyond in helping others.
- Is cooperative and dependable or has shown a marked improvement in these areas.
- Maintains or shows continuous improvement in their attendance or tardiness.
- Positive behavior or is a role model to others in a particular area, such as music, art, and phys ed., etc.
- Improved effort and/or behavior in the classroom or special areas.
Each student chosen as a Panther of the Month receives a PRIDE pin, a special certificate, and a limited edition Paul Road water bottle. In addition, Panther of the Month students have their picture taken and displayed outside the office.
Click on the subcategory on the left for this years "Panthers of the Month".