Helpful Hints to Selecting a 'Just Right' Book!
Helpful Hints to Selecting a “Just Right” Book!
Selecting the Best Reading Level!
- Open the book at the middle.
- As you silently read the page, count the number of “tricky” words you find.
- If you found fewer than five “tricky” words, this may be a good book for you!
- If you found five or more “tricky” words, this book is probably too difficult for you.
Selecting a Book that Interests YOU!
- Look for a book with an interesting title.
- Read the summary on the back of the book to give you an idea of what the book is about.
- Read the first page or chapter to see if you like it.
- Select an author you like.
- The book should not be too easy or too difficult.
- No more than five words on a page should be too difficult to read.
- Ask others if they recommend the book.
- If you enjoyed a book in a series, read the next one.