Background information on the trumpet:
The trumpet is the highest voice in the brass section. Brass players learn to use a combination of lip pressure, air speed/direction and fingerings to play different pitches. On instruments with 3 valves (like the trumpet) the combination of valves 1 and 3 (necessary to play the note D) is sharp. Older trumpets have a slide for the 4th finger to help adjust the pitch. Newer trumpets also have a thumb hook which is much easier to use.
Here are the Bb trumpets that the Gates Chili music department recommends:
Trumpet - thumb hook only
- Yamaha YTR2335/AD
- Bach TR300H2
- King 601
- Holton T602P
The school is providing the lesson book.
- Bach 5C trumpet mouthpiece
- Blessing 6 1/2 AL trumpet mouthpiece
Trumpet shopping list
- Folding music stand
- Vincent Bach 7C Mouthpiece
- Slide Eze ~ Slide grease to keep your horn’s tuning slides working.
- Valve oil ~ Lubricant to keep the valves from freezing up.
- Handkerchief ~ To wipe fingerprints.
Atlas music 671-2020 ~ Cadance Music 247-8690