Patterns and Functions
Unit 7: Color, Shape, and Number Patterns
During this unit, students will:
- Construct, describe, and extend a repeating pattern with the structure AB, ABC, AAB, or ABB.
- Identify the unit of a repeating pattern for patterns with structure AB or ABC.
- Describe how various AB or ABC patterns are alike (e.g., how is a red-blue pattern like a yellow-green pattern?)
- Determine what comes several steps beyond the visible part of an AB, ABC, AAB, or ABB repeating pattern.
- Construct, extend, and describe a pattern that has a constant increase for the sequences 1, 3, 5, ...; 2, 4, 6, ...; 1, 4, 7,...; 2, 5, 8,...; and 3, 6, 9,... though counting and building.